Saturday, January 07, 2006

A new starting year...

2005 passed really fast. In just a blink of eye, I am already studying in Form 4, taking new subjects which is like strangers to me. Suddenly I just felt really old but I must admit that I don't want to be old as in very senior like in my sch. i still want to be the old usual me who always like to answer questions when my teacher is asking, joking around with friends and teachers, and most importantly, always feel free and not pressurised (not sure whether it is spelled this way). But, of course, I have been starting to read my Bible everyday following the Bible Reading Plan. Please pray for me that I will continue to do so and not tempted not to read but, will desire to know more of God through reading His Words.
There's a lot of things that had happened just before the Dog Year approched. For examples,
1. The GMC Youth Retreat
I joined the GMC Youth Retreat on the 30th of Dec at Soon Hup Villa. Well, I followed Aunty Jocelyn's car there. Took around half an hour to reach there. Then, we went to the Villa 2 and gathered there for a while. Waited for around 20 minutes then, we did some name exchange. We separated our names into three parts and put it into a bag. We had to get three of them again form the bag. My name turned out to be Wueh Wei Liaw. Very boyish but, that was my purpose. To be very unique. But, the most funny and unique is Weikinstein's name. His was Kia Su (in Hokkien, scared to lose!). Ok, as usual, praise and worship and talk. Then, we had games. The first one actually was an outdoor treasure hunt but, it was raining. So, we played the 'Bottle Filling'. We had to fill up the bottle using few items like, chewing gum, bottle cap, spounge (tnx to Teh for that 'span' spelling) and a paiir of scissors. My team won! Hehe.. Tnx to Moses's good strategy to throw the spounge. Later, the rain stopped and we went to play the treasure hunt. Wow... Treasure hunt is the best one I had ever played! We get to look for the clues, crossed the heavily flowing water, legs dipped into the mud and running with bare feet. Too fun! The river crossing wasn't in the game actually but, tnx to the workers who cemented the bridge, we had to crossed the river. But, overall, FUN! Night time, had barbeque for dinner then, praise and worship and talk. Games later. This game is specially special. Why? We can actually watch ppl playing this game through television. It was...



The game of spliting your legs and blowing off the candles!!! Yes, you can watch it from Super Trio Show...
Then, more games and sleeping. I was one of them who slept early that night. I was not really feeling well and was sleepy too. So, went to sleep. Some of my friends didn't even sleep and some just slept for a while! Then, the next day, as usual, bible study, morning walk and then, praise and worship. Talk then, games. We had cleaning up before we left for the restaurant to have lunch. Then, a short journey but, steep to the restaurant.
Took pic before everybody reached there
I followed Aunty Leh Kiong's car to home.
Conclusin, FUN FUN FUN and LESSON LESSON LESSON. Thank God for this wonderful retreat.
2. Right after the retreat, New Year Eve Dinner of course. All of the family members gathered together to have a nice pleasant dinner together. Had such a delicous dinner and then, spent some time with my cousins.
Played cards game with the kids
Took nice pose by lying down
We played, and talked. Wanted to have a count down but, didn't because it will be very late. The tip of the count down was very noisy as there were fireworks. Scooby has a fear of fireworks. So,my dad had to stayed up late to accompany him. What a spoilt but, CUTE dog.
Well, that's all for my events right before the Dog Year. Well, Form 4 is of course hard to follow at first but, please pray for me that I will do my best in my studies and also will continue to read God's Words and will grow spiritually.

~Done~

4 comments:

ningxrainbow said...

Cool.....

g0hy|3 said...

All the best in Form 4...
Have faith in yourself and do your best.
It is not as easy or as hard as it seems, k?

LingDi said...

tnx so much for your support.. i will do my best no matter wat..

Sherp said...

wow, the retreat sounded like so much fun, and i wish there are things like that which i can attend. it's good that it draws you closer to God, good luck in Form 4, and i will always pray for you, remember that! so, there must be no fear and worries or doubts in you.